Basic information the Vietnam Populist Party
Roadmap to Democracy
It is clear that political solutions are desperately needed for Vietnam. A peaceful solution offers chances for leadership to all factions and chances to choose national policies as well as country leaderships for all people.Peaceful political solutions also help stop the unrests that may cause damage to development processes in the economy. Moreover, reasonable solutions would pave the way for a fully developed democratization as well as healthier economy.
It is time for the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV) to consider its options to find ways of conducting sincere dialogue with respective leaders of non-communist organizations, such as religious leaders. The talk would pave the way for more dialogues, including some non-violent opposition parties or factions.
In order to promote dialogue about a political solution for Vietnam, Vietnam Populist Party presents its proposal of “New Vietnam Platform”, a collective ideas and suggestions on:
- A “Road Map to Democracy for Vietnam” (hereafter called Road Map) which consists of several ideas on why peaceful political solutions should be considered as well as suggestions of implementation; and
- A proposal of “National Platform” which consists of tentative national policies for transitional period as well as domestic and foreign affairs issues.
The New Vietnam Platform proposes a tentative plan to conduct a General Free and Fair Election. This plan offers chances of leaderships to all political parties and factions inside Vietnam offer Communist Party an option of participating. The plan drafts tentative procedures to elect members of all top three branches as well as local government offices. The National Election would also decide what amendments should be made to the current Constitution or drafting a newly formed Constitution that reflect the country and people's needs and wills. Following are some important suggesting ideas of this proposal:
The Road Map is based on three basic factors: peaceful, legal and constitutional.
The Road Map set A Free and Fair National Election as a platform for incoming democratization process of Vietnam and the country's future development plans.
- The Road Map offers Vietnamese inside, and maybe overseas as well; chances to choose leaderships and policies that directly govern the nation.
- The Road Map offers all political parties and factions inside Vietnam chances to present their platform to the public, and have members be candidates for national and local offices.
The Road Map includes participation of Representatives of:
- All Prominent Religions
- Communist Party of Vietnam
- Political parties, organizations
- Civic Organizations
- Overseas Vietnamese Communities
- Non-Governmental organizations specialized in Human-rights
- Vietnamese and International Media Organizations.
- Roadmap #1: In case the Vietnamese Communist Party is still in power.
- Roadmap #2: In case the regime collapsed due to sudden political incidents or popular uprising.
The Roadmap #1 proposes in case the Vietnamese Communist Party is still in power, offers four (4) steps to democracy for consideration:
1. Campaigning For Direct Dialogue Between Current Government and Opposition Factors:
To have government's representatives and political organizations' representative in Vietnam gathered to discuss about practicing basic freedoms such as Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Press, Freedom of Forming Organizations as allowed by current law, and principle matters of a political solution for Vietnam, such as a Free and Fair National General Election. Results of the talk will be recognized as a Special Political Solutions for Vietnam.
2. Amending Current Constitution Or Drafting New Constitution:
To have current Constitution amended, or a newly formed Constitution be drafted, allowing individuals and representatives of organizations be formal candidates for national and local offices. This constitution would be formally amended by the new elected House of Representatives and voted by the people.
3. Forming Local Government:
To conduct nationwide election for local governments. The network of new local governments will be responsible to carry out the among national general election. The election will be monitored by international non-profit organizations.
4. Conducting National Elections:
To conduct National Elections to fill offices of all top three branches and local offices as well.
The Roadmap #2 proposes in case the regime collapsed due to sudden political incidents or popular uprising, offers five (5) steps to democracy for consideration:
1. Stabilizing National Security:
To secure the country from sabotages, assign responsibility to armed forces, police forces and govenments bodies of all branches.
2. Forming Interim Government:
To imdediately formed an interim government in charge of govern the country, stablized the society, and prepare for major changes such as drafting new Constitution, conducting elections for national levels and local governments.
3. Drafting New Constitution:
To have a newly formed Constitution be drafted, allowing individuals and representatives of organizations be formal candidates for national and local offices. This constitution would be formally amended by the new elected House of Representatives and voted by the people.
4. Conducting General Elections:
To conduct National Elections to fill offices of all top three branches and local offices as well. The election will be monitored by international non-profit organizations. The interim will transfer leadership to new elected government.
5. Forming Local Government:
To conduct nationwide election for local governments. The election will be monitored by international non-profit organizations.
The Roadmap to Democracy is subject to further modification or addition upon actual political situation of Vietnam.